If you have been sent to this page by CallBurner, there has been a problem giving CallBurner permission to connect to Skype. Skype usually asks you to allow access, but sometimes not in an obvious way, and sometimes not at all due to problems in Skype.
Skype 4.0 and later
Skype shows an “Allow access” button near the top right hand side of the main Skype window. Click it to allow CallBurner to connect to Skype. (NOTE: If the right-hand panel is hidden in your Skype, Skype will instead pop up a separate window for you to allow access).
If you don’t see the button, go to Tools > Options > Advanced and click “Manage other programs access to Skype” near the bottom of the page. If CallBurner appears in the list, click it and click the “Change” button to alter permissions.
If CallBurner is not in the list, reboot your PC and try again.
If you still don’t see it, it is possible that security software is getting in the way. For example, Auslogics has an option to disable the Skype public API. Turning this option off (or similar options in other products) should resolve the issue.
Skype shows an “Events” button near the top of the main Skype window. Click this button to see a list of events. There should be an event called “callburner.exe” – click it to see the window that allows you grant CallBurner access to Skype.
If you don’t see the event, reboot your PC and try again.
If you still don’t see it, it is possible that security software is getting in the way. For example, Auslogics has an option to disable the Skype public API. Turning this option off should resolve the issue.
Skype 3.6 or earlier
Skype should normally pop up a window asking you to give permission. Sometimes this doesn’t happen due to a problem in Skype.
Usually you can work around it by following these steps:
1. Reboot your PC and start Skype then CallBurner. Soon after starting CallBurner you may see a window that looks like this:
2. If the above window appears, click the “Allow…” option then click OK. CallBurner should now start normally. If the above window does not appear, CallBurner may still start normally. In either case, if it does not, follow the steps below.
Steps to follow if CallBurner still does not start properly
1. Reboot your PC and start Skype. (Don’t start CallBurner just yet. If it starts automatically, right-click the CallBurner icon in the system tray and choose “Quit” before proceeding).
2. In Skype, go to “Tools > Options > Advanced > Updates”. (NOTE: In Skype 3.1 and earlier, go to “Tools > Options > Privacy” instead).
3. Click “Manage other programs’ access to Skype” (near the bottom of the window).
4. Look for CallBurner in the list of programs. If it is listed, click the “Remove” button to remove it from the list.
5. Start CallBurner. Soon after starting CallBurner you should see a window that looks like this:
6. Click the “Allow…” option then click OK. CallBurner should now start normally.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please contact us at email@example.com . We guarantee a response within 24 hours.