The following steps show you how to easily enter notes about calls, during and after each call, and automatically file the notes away along with the call audio for future reference.
1. If you don’t already use Skype, download and install it from here. If you don’t already have a headset or a Skype Phone you will need to purchase one from your local distributor, or you can order one on-line here.
2. If you don’t already have CallBurner, download and install it from here.
3. You will see the CallBurner licensing wizard and the CallBurner Welcome wizard. Follow the prompts to ensure you have CallBurner set up the way you want.
4. The CallBurner call window will appear at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen:
5. Start a Skype call from within the Skype application.
6. Click “Show Notes” – the window will expand to look like this:
7. Enter a subject and some notes. (NOTE: you can close or minimize the window during the call without losing your notes, and without stopping call recording. To make the call window visible again, right-click the CallBurner icon in the Windows system tray and choose the “Show Call Details” option).
8. Complete the call. The call window will stay open to allow you to enter some final notes.
9. The subject and the notes are automatically saved. Go to the “Previous Calls” tab and click the “Expand” button – there will be an item for your call, containing the attached recording along with the notes.
10. When another call is made, the call window will change to reflect details of the newer call. However, you can go back and change the notes on the first call at any time by selecting the item in the expanded “Previous Calls” window then clicking the “Notes” button.
If you have any problems getting this to work, we can help – just email us at email@example.com for assistance.